Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Macarons!

Rose Macaron by Ladurée

This week, the zoo has gone macaron cr-azy!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with macarons, or, only know the American macaroons, macarons are a French pastry primarily made of two cookies with some sort of cream sandwiched inbetween. The "cookie" part of the macaron is very light, it has a crisp outer lining (called a "foot") surrounding a meringue like inner center.

Now, to be honest with you dear reader, I have never tried a macaron, but with the craze these little things are stirring all over France and the internet I have decided that I need to make a batch for myself.


Pink Pocket Zoo's foray into making macarons:


Step 1:


  • Leave 1/4 cups plus 2 tbsp. egg whites out in room temperature overnight.

Wish me luck reader; more on my macaron adventure tomorrow.

photograph copyright Ladurée

No comments:

Post a Comment